We are starting to accept submissions for the Spring 2023 magazine! We will be looking for science articles, original artwork, poetry about science/nature, or other creative pieces to include in the magazine. For examples of what we’ve published in the past, check out our past issues.
Our deadline this year is yet to be decided. We’re excited to see your submissions!
Please read our submissions guidelines carefully before submitting
For all submissions:
- You must be a current UCSC student
- Priority is given to undergraduates
- Alumni particularly interested in submitting should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting, you consent to changes from our editing team
If submitting artwork:
- Make sure the digital file is at least 300 dpi
- Is in one of the following formats: .jpeg, .png, .tiff, .pdf
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like help scanning your artwork
If submitting an article:
- It must be a research article, reporting article, opinion article, or blurb about science.
- The article CANNOT be about research you’re currently involved in or a professor you are working with.
- It should be in AP style (except we do expect use of the Oxford comma), use footnote citations in APA style, and include a complete list of sources in the end
- Word Limit: 2000 words
- It must be submitted as a Google or Word doc, no PDFs
If submitting creative writing:
- It must be a Google or Word doc, no PDFs
How to Submit:
- Fill out this form, which will ask:
- Your Name
- UCSC email
- If you are an undergraduate or graduate student
- College affiliation
- Circumstances under which you’ve made your work
- Submission type (artwork, Creative writing, article, or other)
- Summary of Submission
- File Upload